1004 Olivia Street
From the 1920’s to 1961, Theta Corporation owned and operated the first sorority house built for that purpose at the University of Michigan. This lovely Georgian/Colonial Revival was home to 39 women during an era of tremendous Greek popularity and growth. As the Olivia Street neighborhood developed, so did AXO as a social and philanthropic organization. AXO continued to thrive and membership outgrew this house.
Photo Source: UM Bentley Historical Library; Bennie Oosterbaan Collection, 1920; (scrapbook of Delmas Oosterbaan, AXO)